Sulfur Cosmos Care Guide
Thank you for choosing to have a greener home with Pacific Seeds Davao. To help your dainty Cosmos grow, here’s a quick guide to remember:
- Sow seeds lightly—about ¼-inch deep and 12–18 inches apart. Cosmos don’t need any special soil preparation. In fact, they like soil that is not too rich, as rich soil will encourage foliage at the expense of blooming flowers.
- Be mindful that it takes about 7 weeks to first bloom. After that, your flowers should continue to bloom.
- In order to prolong flowering, you should deadhead the plants (remove the dead/faded flowers). This speeds up flower development and aids branching.
- Water regularly, but make sure you don’t over-water the plants. Over-watering and over-fertilization can lead to plants with fewer flowers.
- Cosmos can tolerate dry soil, even in a hot, arid, sunbaked spot. Taking care of them can be quite easy.