Blue Ternate/ Butterfly Pea Flower Care Guide
Thank you for choosing to have a greener home with Pacific Seeds Davao. To make your Blue Ternate grow, here’s a quick guide to remember:
- Lightly nick or scrape the seeds, and then let them soak overnight in room temperature water before planting.
- Seeds generally germinate in two to three weeks.
- Butterfly pea flowers grow in nearly any type of soil, including nutrient-poor, but sandy, acidic soil is preferable.
- Good drainage is critical, as spurred butterfly pea plants won’t tolerate soggy growing conditions.
- Plant butterfly pea flowers where the vines have plenty of room to sprawl, or let the delicate stems climb over a trellis or fence. This is an excellent plant for any lighting condition, including full sunlight, shade, or semi-shade.